Monday, March 17, 2008

EVERYDAY FOOD

In addition to my craft addiction (you've seriously got to see my yarn and fabric collection), I am also an avid baker. In times of joy, I bake. In times of stress, I bake. If any of you are Grey's Anatomy fans you'll remember Izzy and her muffin baking...that is pretty much me.

When everyday food came in the mail you can imagine my joy when I found a basic everyday baking mix. It is a basic dry mix that you make in large batches to store in an airtight container. When the time comes and you need/want to whip up a quick batch of something yummy you add the wet ingredients and any other extras that you may want (chocolate chips, oatmeal, coconut, walnuts). Everyday Food gives you some basic recipes to work with but I am thinking of all the wonderful ways that you could jazz this basic mix up. Like some yummy chocolate chip and coconut cookies yuuuuuuuum.

As soon as I give this a whirl I'll post the recipe. It is time to get excited.

No comments: