Friday, July 18, 2008

LAST NIGHT

3 hours of sleep.

Not because I couldn't sleep.

Because I got involved.

Involved cutting out eight (yup, 8) patterns:
  • Pinafore
  • Rumba pants
  • Romper [for boys]
  • Blue linen dress [this one will be hard to part with]
  • A few bibs
  • Sundress thing

I also got involved making a dress [90% complete & sweet as heck].

The cool part: my mom and I were sewing [and ironing] together [obv. working on different projects]. I probably would not have stayed up so late had she not been. It is so great to have someone next to you that loves what you're doing as much as you do.

Getting me through right now: The fact that it is Friday and the gigantic iced coffee on my desk right now.

*it is all for the shop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the visual I have of your and your mom doing this side-by-side. AND the fact that you were so passionate about doing it that you'd prefer it to sleep! :)

I can't wait to see them in the shop!

Relyn Lawson said...

Isn't it funny how much more we can accomplish if we have the company of others? I always get more creative work done when I have a friend working side by side. Gotta go now and visit your shop.