Friday, June 27, 2008

LOVE AND FAITH...

hello. my name is karey...{insert monotone, faux-thrilled hi karey!}...and i'm a fan of sarah. which is totally better than being an alcoholic.

{blink. blink.}

oh, dear. this isn't starting out well, is it? let me begin again...

hi. i'm karey. i'm a big fan of sarah. in fact, i liked her from the minute i saw her name. sarah faith. that just sounds lovely and sweet and honest and true, doesn't it? from that point on, my admiration's only grown.

sarah and i share a love of words. she's nearly always one of my first commenters on nearly every one of my posts. i've come to wait for them, those words of hers. because when she calls me her lovely or her dear, i believe her. plus? she likes it when i leave her naughty comments that make her giggle.

but that's not why i'm fond of sarah. not really.




priceless baubles mean absolutely nothing to sarah, or to me. for us, a piece of jewelry is just a piece of jewelry. until? until you add words. because then that piece of jewelry becomes a treasure. and it all-of-a-sudden means everything.

but that's not why i enjoy sarah. not really.




for reasons unbeknownst to me, sarah loves all things moustachioed.

and this is definitely not why i like sarah. not. at. all.

once upon a time, i wrote a story about my sister. {you may read it here if you'd like.} it was insanely personal. one of those posts where you hit publish and instantaneously burst into a ball of panic. not to mention tears.




and within minutes? there popped up sarah's comment. my first. of course.

you, my lovely, take my breath away. thank you for sharing such a heartfelt story. my eyes are filled with tears. the love you all have for each other is oh-so-amazing.

with that? my panic - poof! - disappeared. her words gave me a confidence in my words that i'd honestly never before owned.

and that's why i adore sarah.


sarah and i are both fans of melanie favreau's work. her etsy shop is like a treasure chest. oh, and eterna fede is latin for forever faithful. i thought that was appropriate for sarah.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. great post. i think sarah would love it too. hope you're having a fab vacation, sarah! and thanks for leaving your blog in such great hands. i've been enjoying these guest posts!

Anonymous said...

The best for last - that's you and this.

Sarah: now hurry back and read all of these great posts!

Uncle Beefy said...

Wow, karey! And, again, a wonderful post! I'll bet this will be quite the way for you to start the weekend, Sarah! Beam bright...though it sounds like you probably do already :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I learned Latin - educational, too!

And I love jewelry with writing on it - thanks for introducing me the ones you love!

Eterna fede! I think that should be the slogan of Mary's bicycle gang.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

oh Karey, what a great post!

Megan said...

just wonderful, as ever.

Anonymous said...

Lovely.. very very lovely..

Regardez Moi said...

Beautiful Karey - of course, as always :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, as usual.

And thanks for finding me another blog to read ;)

Mrs.French said...

Sarah sounds perfectly lovely. I think I need to visit Ms. Sarah Faith more often.

dee said...

Sarah sounds like someone I have to start spending more time with. Anyone Karey likes must be brilliant. I will be checking in on little Miss Faith often.

And you, my dear, are quite lovely :) Fantastic post! Love me a mustachio.